Health Care Financing
Farag M, Nandakumar AK, Wallack S, Hodgkin D, Gaumer G and Ebril C. "Health Expenditures, Health Outcomes and the Role of Good Governance." International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, 2013.13(15):33-52.
- Halasa Y, Nassar H, and Zaky H. "Benefit Incidence Analysis of the Government Spending on Ministry of Health Outpatient Services in Jordan." Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal. 2010 May;16(5):467-73.
- Zeng W, Cros M, Wright KD, and Shepard DS. "Impact of performance-based financing on primary health care services in Haiti." Health Policy and Planning, 2013. 28(6):596-605.
(doi: 10.1093/heapol/czs09) Web: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/heapol/czs099..
- Farag M, Nandakumar AK, Wallack S, Hodgkin D, Gaume, G, and Erbil C. "The Income Elasticity of Health Care Spending in Developing and Developed Countries." International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics. 2012. 12(2):145-62. doi: 10.1007/s10754-012-9108-z.
- Shepard, D.S., Zeng, W., Amico, P., Rwiyereka, A.K., and Avila-Figueroa, C. "A Controlled Study of Funding for Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome as Resource Capacity Building in the Health System in Rwanda." American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 86(5), pp.902-907. (2012).
- Beatty, M.E.; Beutels, P.; Meltzer, M.I.; Shepard, D.S.; Hombach, J.; Hutubessy, R.; Dessis, D.; Coudeville, L.; Dervaux, B.; Wichmann, O.; Margolis, H.S.; Kuritsky, J.N. "Health economics of dengue: a systematic literature review and expert panel’s assessment." American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 84(3):473-488, 2011.
- Asiimwe, A., Rwiyereka, A., Kaufman, J. and Shepard, D. "AIDS Funds: Rwanda" (Letter). Science 330 (October 8, 2010), p. 176. (2010).
- Halasa Y., Nassar H. and Zaky H. "Benefit Incidence Analysis of the Government Spending on Ministry of Health Outpatient Services in Jordan." Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal, World Health Organization, May 2010.
- Nandakumar, A.K., Ministry of Health, Egypt, and Health Systems 20/20. "National Health Accounts 2007/2008: Egypt." Bethesda, MD: Health Systems 20/20 project, Abt Associates, Inc. 2010.
- Donald S. Shepard, Moaven Razavi, William B. Stason, Deborah S. Jacobs, Jose A. Suaya, Mark Cohen, Perry Rosenthal. "Economic appraisal of the Boston ocular surface prosthesis." American Journal of Ophthalmology, Volume 148, Issue 6, Pages 860-868 (December 2009).
- Farag, M., Nandakumar, A.K., Wallack, S.S., Gaumer, G., and Hodgkin, D. "Does Funding From Donors Displace Government Spending for Health in Developing Countries?" Health Affairs 28:4, pp. 1045-1055. (2009).
- Farag M., Nandakumar A.K., Wallack S.S., Gaumer G., Hodgkin D. (2009). "Donor Funding and Government Health Spending in Developing Countries." Health Affairs 28, no.4.
- Razavi, M., Gaumer, G., and Wallack, S., Eds. "What is Known About Demand and Other Related Interventions to Improve Access and Strengthen Health Care Systems in Low- and Middle-Income Countries?" Working Paper: Schneider Institutes for Health Policy, Brandeis University, September 2009. Supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Rwiyereka, A.K., Shepard, D.S., Humuza, J., Zeng, W., Avila-Figueroa, C. "Costing model of a national AIDS program: Application to Rwanda." Rwanda Medical Journal (2009).
- Suaya, J. A., Shepard, D.S., Siqueira, J.B., Martelli, C.T., Lum, L.C.S., Tan, L.H., Kongsin, S,, Jiamton, S., Garrido, F., Montoya, R., Armien, B., Huy, R., Castillo, L., Caram, M., Sah, B.K., Sughayyar, R., Tyo, K.R., Halstead, S.B.. "Cost of dengue cases in eight countries in the Americas and Asia: a prospective study." American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 80. 5 (2009): 846-855.
- Armien, B., Suaya, J.A., Quiroz, E., Sah, B., Bayard, V., Marchena, L., Campos, C., Shepard, D.S. "Clinical characteristics and national economic cost of the 2005 dengue epidemic in Panama." American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 79. 3 (2008): 364-371.
- Kaufman, Joan. "China's Health Care System and Avian Influenza Preparedness." Journal of Infectious Diseases 197 S. Supl 1 (2008): S7-13.
- Weiser, I., Beswick, J. "Asian Development Bank Strategy 2020: A review of strategy changes and an assessment of new opportunities for collaboration." Strategy paper for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, September 2008.
2007 & earlier
- Nandakumar, A.K., Beswick, J., Sah, B., Wallack, R. "Asian Development Bank: Overview of structure, funding, policy and programs with emphasis on the health and agriculture sectors." Background paper for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, September 2007.
- Shepard DS, Zeng W, Neuman MJ, et al. "Critical Review of Costing Models to Estimate Resource Needs to Address Global HIV and AIDS." Technical report to UNAIDS. Geneva, Switzerland, 2007.
- Shepard DS, Zeng W, Neuman MJ, et al. "Novel and Alternative Approaches to Estimate Global Resource Needs to HIV and AIDS." Technical report to UNAIDS. Geneva, Switzerland, 2007.
- Suaya, J.A., Shepard, D.S., Beatty, M.E. "Dengue burden of disease and cost of illness, Working paper 3.2." Report of the Scientific Working Group meeting on Dengue, Geneva, 1-5 October 2006 (TDR/SWG/07). Ed. Kroger, A. Geneva, Switzerland: Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases (TDR), World Health Organization, 2007.
- Nandakumar, A.K.. "Costing of Health Interventions: Findings and Uses." Ministry of Health, Rwanda: 2006.
- Moaven Razavi, Ali Hassanzadeh, Kavous Basmenji. "Fairness of financial contribution in health system" (in Persian). Andishmand Publication Company, Tehran-Iran, 2005.