- Asiimwe, A., Rwiyereka, A., Kaufman, J. and Shepard, D. "AIDS Funds: Rwanda" (Letter). Science 330 (October 8, 2010), p. 176. web:www.sciencemag.org (2010).
- Nandakumar, A.K., Ministry of Health, Egypt, and Health Systems 20/20. "National Health Accounts 2007/2008: Egypt." Bethesda, MD: Health Systems 20/20 project, Abt Associates, Inc. 2010.
- NAMATOVU, Regina and M. Cristina ESPINOSA.. “Engendering the Global Financial and Economic Crisis: Unveiling the Links between Formal and Informal Sectors in the Mining regions in Zambia and their Gender Implications.” UNDP, New York: 2010.
- Rwiyereka, A.K., Shepard, D.S., Humuza, J., Zeng, W., Avila-Figueroa, C. "Costing model of a national AIDS program: Application to Rwanda." Rwanda Medical Journal (2009).
- Shepard, D.S., Rwiyereka, A.K., Beaston-Blaakman, A. "Community-based health insurance in Rwanda: From case studies to a national policy." Rwanda Medical Journal 67(1): 8-16, Sept., 2009.
- Kanyange, A.R; Thrivikramam, J.; Shepard, D.S.; Bail, R.N.; Kagubare, J. "Managing antiretroviral treatment with a national communication network in Rwanda: Evaluative framework and impacts of TRACnet." Rwanda Medical Journal 65(1): 10-14, 2006.
- Thrivikraman, J. , Shepard, D.S., Bail, R.N., Kagubare, J., Kanyange, A.R. "Managing Antiviral Treatment with a National Communications Network in Rwanda: Costs, Enhancements, and Sustainability of TRACnet." Rwanda Medical Journal 65. 1 (2006): 15-22.
- Schenck, M., Effa, Ernestine Nstame, Starkey, Malcolm, Wilkie, David S., Abernethy, Kate, Telfer, Paul, Godoy, Ricardo, Treves, A. "Why people eat bushmeat: Results from two-choice, taste tests in Gabon, Central Africa." Human Ecology (2006).
- Waddell, Jasmine. "Engendering Human Rights: Cultural and Socio-Economic Realities in Africa." Book Review. Obioma Nnaemeka and Joy Ezeilo, Eds. New York: Palgrave Macmillan. African Studies Quarterly, 9 (1&2), 2006.
- Wilkie, David S., Starkey, Malcolm, Abernethy, Kate, Effa, Ernestine Nstame, Telfer, Paul, Godoy, Ricardo. "Role of prices and wealth in consumer demand for bushmeat in Gabon, Central Africa." Conservation Biology. 19. 1 (2005): 1-7.
- Shepard, D.S., Bail, R.N., Merritt, C.G. "Cost-effectiveness of USAID’s regional program for family planning in West Africa." Studies in Family Planning 34(2,June) 117-126, 2003.